Search for Inspiration Here

Friday, November 30, 2012

December Paper Trail Blog Hop: Avonlea

The lovely, cool bluesy-green Close to My Heart Avonlea paper is featured this month.  If you hopped here from Connie's blog, you have already seen the fabulously trendy and exclusive teal and green featured in this paper pack.  I see lots of possibilities with this paper from elegant thank yous, to wintery snow flakes, and timeless heritage artwork.

I created a front page for one of my albums.  Though I used the the greys and browns from Avonlea, I added some pinks to complement my sister's coat in the photo.  I love the way the title pops off the page when I used the Dimensional Alphabets under the perfectly cut cardstock letters.  How easy it was with the Cricut and CTMH cartridges!!!  

Close to My Heart Products
Chocolate Cardstock
Slate Cardstock
Whisper Cardstock
Blush Cardstock
Basics Exclusive Inks Mini Pad Pigment Set
Hollyhock Exclusive Inks Stamp Pad
Family Tree Stamp Set
Avonlea Workshop Stamp Set
Sparkles: Brown and Tan
Noteables Alphabet Dimensional Elements
Cricut Artiste Collection
Embroidery Floss Neutral Assortment
Sanding Kit


I also did a two page layout of one of my great grandfathers.  I keep promising myself to get through the pile of antique photos I have of our family.  No time like the present, huh?  This time I stayed true to the Avonlea paper colors.  



I love how these colors and patterns worked with these old photos!  I still have lots of paper left even after these projects!  

Close to My Heart Products
Avonlea Paper 
Mini Medley Accents Antiqued Gold
Avonlea Complements Canvas Shapes
Dakota Paper 
Chocolate Exclusive Inks Stamp Pad
Slate Exclusive Inks Stamp Pad
Chocolate Cardstock
Whisper Cardstock

I encourage you to continue  hopping along the trail to Linda's blog and see how she used these rich colors!  


5 comments:

  1. I love the pop of blush...this is one of my favorite papers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, gorgeous layouts! (if you haven't already noticed, you may want to double check the top layout for spelling... happens to the best of us!) I LOVE those old black and white photos of your Great Grandfathers, they are so wonderful. I'm so jealous. I don't really have old family photos like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Vicki!!! I didn't notice until you mentioned it :(. Good think I have Undo!!! It'll take those two letters off and I'll be able to put them back on without any tearing!!!! :)

      Delete
  3. I love the pop of blush on your first layout! Who would have thought??? Wonderful layouts as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really like the use of Avonlea with your heritage photos. Terrific!

    ReplyDelete