Search for Inspiration Here

Monday, December 31, 2012

La Belle Vie along the Paper Trail Blog Hop

The lovely "Frechie" La Belle Vie paper is featured this month for the Paper Trail Blog Hop.  If you are hopping along from Lynne, you are already familiar with the two lovely shades of mauve, brown, and black featured in this French inspired paper.  The paper lends itself to wonderful romantic image of strolls down Paris sidewalks.  I'm still working on my heritage photos so saw these papers as wonderful compliments to a layout of one of my great grandfathers.  Luckily, my wonderful stamping buddy Tracey took time to come over for a day of scrapping and stamping.  What wonder inspiration she is and if you continue along this hop, you'll run into her great blog, too!




I added lots of little details to suggest the passage of time and I even added hidden journaling through a slit in the protector so you can read about my great grandfather without taking the page from the protector.  
All Supplies are Close to My Heart
La Belle Vie Paper Packet
Key Moments Stamp Set
Vintage Type Stamp Set
Urban Alphabet Stamp Set
Black Cardstock
Colonial White Cardstock
Posh Journaling Spots 
Pewter Badge Buttons
Black Hemp
Sparkles: Black and Grey Assortment
Sparkles Black Fourishes

Michael and I celebrate six years together on 12/28.  Since I had the La Belle Vie papers and stamp sets out, I strolled through Pinterest and came up with these two cards.  I couldn't decide which one to give him so I ended up giving him both.  After six years, deserves both for sticking with me!

He favorite color is purple so I really tried to include that in the cards.  First one just didn't say "purple" and the second might be too feminine but the sentiment is still the same:  I love him.  Happy anniversary, Sweetie!
All Supplies are Close to My Heart
La Belle Vie Paper Pack
Smoky Plum Paper Pack
Archival Black Stamp Pad
Smoky Plum Stamp Pad
Chocolate Stamp Pad
Cocoa  Stamp Pad
VersaMark Clear Embossing Stamp Pad
Opaques Adhesive Gems Mocha
Hemp Natural
Clear Embossing Powder
Jardin Stamp Set
Bonjour Stamp Set
Universal Background Stamp Set
Love Life Stamp Set
Cricut Art Philsophy Cartridge

If you want more inspiration, continue hopping down the trail to Linda's blog!

8 comments:

  1. Love these layouts and the cards- may have to borrow those card ideas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bravo! The layout is just so well done and the cards beautifully crafted. TFS and inspiring! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The layout is perfect! I really like the kraft on kraft card. I think I'll be trying that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love both of these projects - the papers work great with your heritage photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your layout and your cards and that we got to have a creative day together!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the vintage look of your layout! And the cards are spectacular. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. perfect paper for heritage layouts - especially with your details, just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete