Search for Inspiration Here

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Latest and Last of the Summer Layouts

I worked on these layouts that last three weeks.  Seems like I finally have gotten in to the creative mode and of course school is starting.....

Using up a favorite from a past Idea Book:  Notebook.  This a layout of my grandmother and pictures I found recently in that box from my mom's garage a few years ago.  Whew!  Do these photos ever smell like old, musky, mildewing garage!  So, while I started out with the Workshop On the Go for Notebook, I couldn't help changing things up and updating the look a little.  This layout is a Level 3 using the B&T, stamps, My Stickease, and embellishments.  It was so fun!








This next layout is from this summer when my aunt visited.  I used Cherry-O and the pattern from the WOTG.  I changed the papers, though.  I didn't think cherries would look good with any photos I had and much as I loved the Cherry-O paper, once I got it I thought it was going to be hard to use.  I did cheat and use the Cherry-O Creative Basics bulk paper.  I love my mom and and aunt's white hair.  I do hope I inherit that!!!






I never really liked the paper Sweet Home that came out last fall.  I didn't know how I was going to use it if at all.  Why did I even buy it?  I probably got it free as a Hostess Reward and then just stuck it in my stash.  Usually up to challenges in my studio, I pulled it out determined to use it.  The WOTG used heritage/vintage photos, which I seemed to have in every box I opened this summer.  The result isn't bad at all!!!  I made the journaling interactive to slide out of the protector where I recorded as much information as I could about the photos.  These are photos of my mom when she was young.  There are a surprising few in our family that bear her resemblance now that we can look back over the years.  This page looks a lot better in real life but photos in the internet are the next best things, huh?







Wow!!!  Lots of pages!  My albums are filling up fast!  

No comments:

Post a Comment