Search for Inspiration Here

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Trying to keep up.....

I managed to put together a layout of my oldest, Loren, marrying his wife Karen back in 2005.  Their wedding was on one of the first days I was at my new school in a new district teaching a new grade level.  I didn't have any leave built up, yet, so missed the blessed event.   The only pictures I found were these grainy, forgotten shots taken by an unknown photographer in the Judge's Chamber where they said their "I do".  But, as far as heritage albums go, this is a lucky, lucky find!  Loren and Karen's kids will be happy to find this page when they look through the albums.  Speaking of albums, I'm now going to start album Number 7.  While that doesn't mean much to most, if you know my albums, they are jammed pack and very thick which makes them really heavy.  Seven years after I started scrapping I'm up to 7 hugely packed albums that tell wonderful stories of my life, my family's life, and our heritage all the while showing how I changed as a scrapper, too.  (OK, not so important as the other reasons but for me, it's been interesting to see the change.)  I tried a new technique on this layout I've had in mind a long time: changing the colors of background and texture colors.  This paper used Dutch Blue, Crystal Blue, Bamboo, Buttercup, and Cocoa.  I wanted to use Black to tie in the pictures and the Cocoa just made the photos look dirty.  I ended up cutting circles and strips, distressing them, and adhering them over the Cocoa circles and stripes.  I also replaced all the small Cocoa dots with Black brads.  It took a little time but it is better than the Cocoa.

No comments:

Post a Comment