Search for Inspiration Here

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Is Spring Coming?

I've been on a card "kick" lately.  I am still loving Jeannette Lynton's template making several cards at once from just a few pieces of paper in her Wishes book.  Anyone who has been in my studio knows I have "stash".  I'm one of those that wants it all but is often afraid to use something because I'll run out and then I won't have it when I need it.  LOL  Is that illogical hording?  But, after a mild winter, its starting to feel like spring.  In the stamping/scrapping world, spring means we're on the last leg of the year before all the company conventions and release of new, exciting products (and the retirement of the older products that have become the friends of many).  Close to My Hearts convention is in July and I expect there will be new colors, old colors retired, new catalog format, new programs, and new uses of technology (J Studio, CTMH TV, etc.).  That all means I'm trying to use up my "stash" to make room for new stuff and I'm carefully thinking what products do I want to stock up on before they are retired.  Here are cards I made from the Wishes pattern using the old Cocoa Cafe Collection from a couple of years ago.  I made birthday and thank you cards since I never have enough of them!  It is fun to mix old with new: along with the older papers, I use new stamp sets that are in the current CTMH Idea Book.  While these turned on wonderfully, I'm ready to turn my attention to scrapping.




I also needed a birthday card for a good friend at work and sympathy cards (my biggest challenge in stamping/scrapping is making sympathy cards).  I used a color challenge I found on the CTMH bulletin board for the birthday card and I used more old paper for the sympathy cards.  I'd be lost without the inspiration fellow crafters on the internet!


1 comment:

  1. Mare...thanks for stopping in at my blog. I love to read comments left at my projects. Mucho gracias. :-)
    I am LOVING your birthday cards!! Aren't the newest CTMH birthday/cake/cupcake stamps wonderful?! Your creations are gorgeous! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete