Search for Inspiration Here

Monday, October 26, 2009

Where did September and October go????

Seems like just the other day I wrote and look, it's been 2 months! Where does the time go? I have a stamp that says "Times fun when you are having flies". Seems appropriate. My class this year is an absolute dream. I love each of them. We are heading into conferences and I'm so looking forward to meeting what must be wonderful parents of wonderful children. That old say, "nuts never fall far from the tree" can work the other way, too. :)

So, have I had time to create? Never as much as I'd like, ever. :) I made a card for my good friend's wedding and one for Michael to celebrate 1000 days of knowing each other. Then I have two layouts: a layout celebrating the tradition of the pies my mom bakes, and one of Katie with her first snowman.

Jen's card:

Congratulations, Jenn and Johnny and best wishes for a long and loving life together.

Michael's card:

He took me to dinner, bought me beautiful white roses, and a very heartfelt card.

Mom's pies layout:

Mom makes 12-15 pies every Thanksgiving and has been doing it for many years. It's a wonderful tradition that the whole family anticipates. She starts in the summer and makes pies based on fresh in-season fruit and then freezes them. Everyone can choose to have one of each or just their favorites (no one seems to have just one) and we all hope there is enough left over for breakfast the next morning.

Doing the layout was challenging, fun, and satisfying. The photography was not the greatest but the pictures tell a great story. I didn't have pie stamps but thought the neutral theme of trees would work. Then, to spiff it up a little, I embroidered on the trees. :) Something new for me!!!!

Finally, Katie's snow layout:
Katie is all bundled up and can hardly move her arms. I loved her saying, "Oook it da noooooo", at one and a half. :)

Thanks for taking the time to look and read!

No comments:

Post a Comment