Search for Inspiration Here

Sunday, May 25, 2008

It's Time

It's time I show you what I've been up to the last three weeks. I just realized it has been 21 days since I last posted. I suppose there are those who have now given up waiting for me to post. Oh well, can't win them all, can we?

So, first there was Mother's Day. This first card I made is a direct copy from the CTMH Spring Idea Book using the Love Flourishes, pg. 79. I love this set though I have not seen many others use it.




I made about 8 of these and used up lots of paper flowers, buttons, and white brads! LOL

Then I made a bunch of these 6X6 cards. I can't remember where I got the inspiration for this one, whether to credit some incredibly artistic CTMH sister or the Idea Book but I was so late getting started on Mother's Day cards, I was just copying things. LOL These are made with the March Stamp of the month, Simple Beauty, and the Paper Garden papers with the colors from the theme/set: Petal, Blush, Buttercup, Sweet Leaf, and Desert Sand. I gave these to friends at school (saved on postage, lol). I also used glitter on the flower I stamped and cut out but you can't see that in the picture. I can't remember the last time I used glitter but I'm sure it was at least 3 years ago or longer. LOL




Finally, I got out my Cuttlebug, Thank You embossing folder, and the Solo T for thank yous to those who gave me Mother's Day gifts and to the kids at school who gave me Teacher Appreciation gifts. (One student gave me a bottle of wine and another a $25 gift card to Macy's -- extravagant gifts I've never gotten before!) I have some paper/colors I never seem to run out of because I don't use them much so I chose from those colors for the thank you card. This card is Orchid Bouquet, Pansy Purple, Kiwi, and Desert Sand.


2 comments:

  1. Hi!
    I'm also a CTMH consultant. I just found your site (from CTMH's bulletin board) and I love it....you are so creative and inspiring. :-)
    I love these cards; they're great!
    I've been wanting to purchase a Cuttlebug also....but I just need to wait since I'm always purchasing something for my scrapping addiction....lol
    Great cards and terrific blog site. I just started my blog site and I would love for you to visit whenever you get a chance. It's still a little sparce but I add to it as often as life lets me....lol
    Again, all of your cards and creations are gorgeous.
    Have a marvelous Sunday!
    Barb in SC
    www.paper-creations117.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards Mary! I'm loving you cut outs on the Simple Beauty stamp set!
    That Cuttlebug is a nice touch too!BR-T

    ReplyDelete