Search for Inspiration Here

Friday, April 11, 2008

Taxes!!!

This year's taxes have been an up and down whirl wind ride! First I owed over $8K and spent a sleepless night frantically trying to figure out how to rearrange my budget, finances, and investments. I figured I'd sell my car (prompting Michael to say, "But you love that car!"). I started wondering what things I store in my garage I could sell and where, eBay? I told myself I would not look at the return again for 24 hours and just think. I went to the gym and worked out harder than I think I've worked out in months, well at least since the Chilly Hilly. Then at school I stayed and applied my energy into setting up the next week and a half of the chemistry unit planned for my third graders. Finally, I headed to Michael's with the plan to plug in all my figures into his tax program. Then, I got to thinking. I owe between $10 and $12K every year depending deductions and I thought geeze, they take so much out of my paycheck, how can I owe that much in taxes, after monthly deductions. So I pulled out my W-2 and checked the amount of taxes I paid in 2007 and there was my mistake! I had entered $10K less in the return than I paid and suddenly my bottom line was a refund!!! Yeah! I have now learned to take a beak from projects. :) Michael would say I should have learned some other things, as well.

Anyway, now, I feel like scrapping and stitching, again. AND I'm off to the Semiahoo Resort for the weekend with Michael. The weather should be fabulous with temperatures expected to be in the mid to high 60's on the coast and even 70's inland! I'm looking forward to walks on the beach, working out, relaxing, and spending time with my sweetie. And, yes, I'll try to remember to take pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment