Search for Inspiration Here

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Better Late Than Never

My goal the last two years has been to use every stamp set I purchase.  I'm behind or late.  This layout features Close to My Heart's June Stamp of the Month: A Flowering Bunch.  To date, I have only three or four stamp sets I have have not used this year.  Yeah!!!

I met two of my college friends last summer in Kirkland, WA.  We've been friends for over 30 years!  I didn't take my camera and so the only way to record the event was with my iPhone.  I love my iPhone but it just doesn't do the crisp, clear photos that my little camera does and don't get me started on the photography features.  I think 30 years is significant in a human life, so blurred, grainy, fuzzy photos or not, I decided to scrap them.  I know this wouldn't win any contest but that isn't the point.  These are long time friends and a testimony to my life (everyone is always saying we should scrap about ourselves, right?) so here it is.  What I lacked in photo skills or equipment, I really, really tried in color and time building this layout.  It took four days to create.  And, still not stellar but loved and lovingly put together.  It tells a story.  It tells about me.  It tells about time: bright and trendy colors/art to show off friends. 


You aren't going to ask me what CTMH supplies I used, are you?  If you truly are burning to know something, you know you can always post here or email.

So, until the next my next summer project............I'm signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment